1.2.11

Memorial Mapping - For Olivier Ruellet


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.


Site space city system social sounds sights city same nonsense no sense sense senses sensing....
Was it Paris - London - New York? New York - Paris - London? London - New York - Paris?
There is magic in a city, creeping beneath the concrete pavements, behind metal and glass towers, running through rusted pipes and telephone wire.
We don't always see this current, that actually keeps us going. We go for surfaces.
Surface heat, surface texture, surface tension.
But then there's a viewpoint, a point of view, an opinion, an imagination.
A moment in time when we allow ourselves an expanded outlook and lift our eyes from our assumed roles, present positions, sought after goals, endless tasks and matters of consequence.
A moment when we remember this life we're living is the most engaging piece of theatre of all time, but we put it on pause.
And when we pause that streaming film of information our eyes glaze over, finally resting for one moment on the invisible.
The visible invisible.
The tangible intangible.
Sometimes we're lucky enough to stop the thundering of our critical egos marching in our heads and listen.
And we listen...
Listen...
That sounds....
Those sounds....
This moment when we become present, when we communicate in 140 characters or more. Some of which are inferred some of which are silent.
When the buzzing background of late night drinks and early morning alarm clocks is like a distant dream and we find ourselves floating in a sea of nothing.
And you were there.
And I was there.
But I didn't know it, I don't remember it, I just know I was.
I know because now you are still there and I am still here, we are still here and we know you are there, but we don't know where there is because we barely know where here is.
We're barely here at all.
And back to the present.
To this moment - To this city, this neighbourhood, this park, this construction.
And here we are, we know we're here but are you here?
Can you hear?
Hey, can you hear me?
...
I swim through the streets of New York, I swim through the streets of London, I swim through the streets of Paris and in this underwater world I breathe the air we breathed together.
And I see the city, the hard city gone soft, its shell cracked, its magic seeping through.
I take a moment....
Breathless...
Floating...
Watching...
Eyes wide wondering: if we just hang on to that magic we'll be able to see like this forever.
Eyes wide, forever.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9.2.11

    magical Roberto simply magical
    Thank you
    Angela

    ReplyDelete