6.9.08

Conference Paper: Aesthetics and Applied Live Art













Wednesday 3rd September to Friday 5th September

As part of the Applied Practice Working Group, I presented a paper entitled: Aesthetics and Applied Live Art at TaPRA conference in Leeds


There's a lot I could write to respond to this, beginning with being the "practitioner" in an academic circle to now being the "academic" when around practitioners/production people.

I've added the paper I presented to my website for public scrutiny, if anyone feels like reading and responding:  


What I can say now was the similarity between TaPRA and the many other organisations I have been a part of. Of course with the difference of content, the working group reminded me of working at the non-profit in Brooklyn and the voting and general organisation reminded me of my self-managed coop building in NYC. In essence the organising and presenting format model was in place everywhere and very similar if not the same. I guess it works is all, makes me wonder again about why it doesn't in government, maybe it just gets so big it stops working. Thats the optimistic viewpoint, I just think its greed...

No comments:

Post a Comment